Monday, November 4, 2013

Race Report: Orono Woods Ramble: By Jeremy Bousquet

Race Review- Orono Woods Ramble

As a first time mountain racer I had a lot of different feelings and emotions coming out. I know I wanted to ride the course before the race, something that I have done before during shop rides and free rides with friends, but for preparation purposes and as I thought, the course changed when you implemented the race concept.

The course is a fun, technical mix of double and single track. The first part of the course takes on the King Root Extension, which for me was something that I could run faster than I could ride. The rest of the ride is about choosing the proper line, knowing when to shift, and having a blast on the bike. Riding a hard tail bike for me is a great ride, but I could see where a full suspension would be an improvement to the fun you can have on the course.


Moving forward, the ride is in its first year, for a first time ride and course, it was well organized and challenging. Next year it would be nice to see more classes and maybe an extension on laps or distance, although the simplicity of the race and classes made it something to want to return to next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment