Friday, January 31, 2014

Racer Profile: Geoffrey Bergmark



Residence:  Bangor, ME

Racing Age:  35
Day Job:  Senior Design Engineer for Johnson Outdoors-Watercraft, essentially I am an “adult toy” designer…
Disciplines:  MTB, Adventure Events, CX
Bikes:  Enough that if I get a new one my wife isn’t sure
Strengths:  Forutnate to be in Pisgah Forrest for most of my biking life, so steep descents, long technical climbs
Weaknesses:  Fast motorcycles, fast women
Favorite Trail:  The Colorado Trail
Favorite Races:  Pisgah Stage Race, Swank 65, Double Dare, PMBAR, Icycle, Henderson GP… I’m still figuring out the Northeast so I hope to expand the list!
Pre Race/Post Race Ritual:  Ideally ride the course at least once before the event and I still enjoy a cup of coffee before go-time, afterwards try to find a creek or lake to soak in for a while

Wisdom:  Have fun and don’t hold back during the day, nothing worse than driving home and wondering what if, better to implode than be the guy/gal that said I could have “blank” if I would have “blank”

No comments:

Post a Comment